Here’s a quick glimpse of local wildlife events coming up over the next few months. We’ll post details of each a couple of weeks before the event.
- Wednesday 19 September – Bat Walk at Yate Common
- Sunday 23 September – Scenic South Gloucestershire Walk
- Monday 24 September – Wild Food Foray at Wapley Bushes
- Saturday 13 October – Tree Life Centre Open Day, Grimsbury Farm
- Saturday 20 October – Kennedy Way Pond Workday
- Sunday 21 October – Ridge Wood Conservation Day
- Monday 22 October – Fungus Foray at Tytherington
- Thursday 25 October – Wonders of the Universe – Star Gazing, Chipping Sodbury,
- Sunday 28 October – Kingsgate Park Ponds Workday
- Wednesday 31 October – Owl Prowl at Ridge Wood Nature Reserve
- Sunday 4 November – Wapley Bushes Workday
- Fri, Sat & Sun evenings from 30 Nov to 23 Dec 2012 – The Spectacular Westonbirt Enchanted Christmas
- Saturday 19 January 2013 – Wapley Bushes Workday
- Friday 8 March – AWT Quiz Night Live!
Avon Wildlife Trust’s Southwold Group is very active and would very much welcome new members and volunteers. If anyone wants to help out and try something new then please call Malcolm on 01454 310328 and you will be made very welcome.